8.11.2010

Project Week: #3 ~ mini blind to roman shade

I needed something quick, cheap, and easy for our upstairs playroom windows. It gets all that hot afternoon sun, and really heats up. Since I didn't want to do a full curtain, when I came across this tutorial on little green notebook, I knew it would perfect.
I took some cheap-o mini blinds, found some discount fabric at JoAnn's, and made roman shades in only a couple hours! It's a really easy tutorial to follow, and I have plans to make some more of these for other rooms in our house.
As a side note, this was the first time I had used the fabric glue, fabritac, and now I can't live without it! I use this stuff for everything.

I just took these pictures this morning, and noticed I need to re-glue one of the slats, it's a little droopy there.


Close-up of the pattern

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a cool project!

Bonnie said...

Very good idea. I haven't used fabric glue yet...