1.20.2009

the playroom::part 2

I love the movie The Holiday for lots of reasons, but one of them is that totally awesome tent in the little girls' room. Ever since I saw that, I wanted to make something similar for my kids. This Christmas I put my plan into action. Now, the one from the movie is like the Taj Mahal compared to my little copycat, but it serves its purpose well.

I'm still going to tweak a few things to make it bigger, and add some pillows to go inside. My original color scheme for this room was black & white. I made the tent out of fabric scraps I had on hand, which happened to be mostly blue, as you can see. So it's turned into more of a colorful room.

I'm sure you're tired of me talking about Blik wall graphics, but here they are again! I got these gears a long time ago for this space, and just put them up.


And here's their little workspace - our old kitchen table. They have a playdoh station, and crayons/scissors/paper hanging in one of these. I also made a poster of pictures taken of the kids playing, hanging above the table.


Carter fooling around with his snorkel.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the tent you made. I am really impressed...it's so cute.